Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Random Picture 34

Click this small picture for a larger one.

This is a display that drew my attention at a drug store I never shop at. If you can read Japanese, you already know this isn't what it appears to be. The English says "fruits candy" and displays a Halloween motif. This is actually a toilet bowl freshener that looks a lot like a candy display. If you really didn't know what it was, you might think that plastic rod in the center was some sort of lollipop stick.

It certainly works for drawing the eye, but it didn't persuade me to open my wallet. I won't be forking over 299 yen ($3.63) to make my toilet smell like a chemical factory that makes fake fruit-flavored candy.

1 comment:

ebidebby said...

That's a very interesting marketing technique! I don't think I'd want my bathroom to smell like candy, either...