Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Random Picture 65


This post is a bit late in coming, but since most of my readers aren't living in Japan anyway and can't get these items, I'm guessing the timing isn't incredibly important. Awhile ago, I posted an ad for Krispy Kreme's mini donuts. My husband picked up a box of said donuts and got some freebies that came along for the ride. Each donut is about half the size of a regular Krispy Kreme and the flavors are chocolate, berry, caramel nut, ramune (essentially bubble gum), milk, and "purin" (pudding/flan). The ramune ones are pretty vile, and I think the caramel was best.


Early buyers got a little booklet and a very small glass stuffed into a box as a freebie. The booklet makes it clear that they are marketing the small donuts toward children and encouraging the pairing of milk when eating them. The glass is on the delicate side and I don't expect it to live out the year when it is at the mercy of my clumsy hands.

4 comments:

Sophia Lee said...

You're reading my mind! Or someone up there is. I just saw an episode on 30 Rock where the main character orders a 12-pack of donuts and I've been suddenly really wanting donuts. I prefer the donut shops in Asia because they've got some interesting flavors...In Korea there's a kiwi one...and a yogurt one. I still need to try Mr. Donut in Japan!

Ah, I'm rambling...

Ande said...

I knew I should have taken advantage of the mini's when I was in Japan! That glass is precious.

Do they still have the normal sized toffee nut donut? Delicious.

Orchid64 said...

Burp and Slurp: The Mister Donut here really is good! I wonder how I'm going to feel about U.S. pastries should return home at some point. I've really grown used to the less sweet and fattier versions here... though my husband feels rather differently. ;-)

Ande: They do appear to still have a caramel nut one, but I don't know if that is the same as the toffee nut. The names are often a bit ambiguous.

There are new minis out now... for Barbie! They're pretty much the same as before except for the addition of a "Barbie mini strawberry".

Thanks for your comments!

Anonymous said...

The "ramune" (bubblegum) flavor ones seem the most interesting, despite your warning about how vile they are; I just don't think I've ever had bubblegum flavored donuts.

The last time I was in Japan all I had was Mr. Donut, so it'd be nice to try their take on Krispy Kreme.